Participating in mandatory auto insurance is a civil requirement that also provides various benefits to automobile owners. So, what exactly is obligatory vehicle insurance, and how do you go about purchasing cheap online auto insurance in VietNam? Let’s find out with Taichiai.net!
1. What exactly is mandatory vehicle insurance?
Compulsory car insurance (also known as civil liability insurance) provides financial assistance to vehicle drivers who cause bodily harm or property damage to a third party while driving. Besides, Participants in this insurance are motor vehicle owners who are not permitted to join in more than one civil liability insurance contract for the same vehicle.
Drivers need to be aware of one of the crucial forms of vehicle insurance. Additionally, The insurance provider will pay the insured the insurance premiums outlined in the policy at the rates provided (including policy expenses, legal fees, and claimant fees associated with the liability).
Civil damage was done to a third party by the insurance buyer. Drivers should be aware that the insurance provider will only cover injuries and damages to third parties, not the driver or their car.
The responsibility to pay for physical injury and wrongful death to a third party as well as the responsibility of the third party to pay for property damage are the two components of motor civil liability insurance.
Additionally, there are several circumstances in which the insurance will decline to pay:
- If further harm is purposefully done by a third party.
- After the collision, the driver of the car deliberately fled the scene.
- According to the legislation, the driver of the automobile does not possess a valid driver’s license.
- The driver of the vehicle causes indirect consequences (damage to the house, property stolen in an accident,…).
2. Why do vehicle owners have to buy compulsory auto insurance?
2.1. The law requires this kind of insurance.
By government decree No. 03/2021/ND-CP, which was published on January 15, 2021, all drivers of motor vehicles on the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam are required to have civil liability insurance (car insurance).
Vehicle drivers must thus have and bring the certificate of mandatory civil liability insurance when driving in traffic, in addition to documentation like the vehicle registration, driving license, certificate of technical safety, and environmental protection certificate. Article 58 of the Road Traffic Law of 2008 specifies this.
2.2. Bring advantages to car owners and hurt third parties
Purchasing this legally required auto insurance offers benefits to vehicle owners in addition to avoiding fines for not having the required coverage.
Additionally, The insurance company will pay a variable amount when a participant in mandatory insurance, based on the circumstances, with the maximum amount made explicit in the insurance contract.
Circular No. 04/2021/TT-BTC, which establishes the maximum amount of civil insurance for automobiles, states as follows:
The insurance deductible for accidents involving autos is 150,000,000 VND per person.
Vehicle-related property damage is covered up to VND 100,000,000 per accident under insurance.
Thus, compulsory auto civil liability insurance is a policy to protect victims in accidents caused by automobiles, and at the same time protect and provide financial support in the civil liability of the vehicle owner against unexpected risks.
3. Guide to buying compulsory car insurance online
Vehicle owners can sign in to a variety of mobile applications, including Momo, Viettelpost, etc., as well as the official applications or websites of insurance firms to purchase mandatory auto insurance online.
Car owners should be careful to select the appropriate kind of mandatory insurance for the civil liability of their vehicles and should think about going with big, well-known insurance providers.
3.1. Is buying auto insurance online acceptable?
According to the provisions of Clause 3, Clause 4, Article 6 of Decree 03/2021/ND-CP, the design of the certificate of compulsory insurance for civil liability for automobiles depends on the insurance company, the company can issue warranty in hard copy or electronic form.
Additionally, Clause 3, Article 18 of Decree 03/2021 lays forth the need that the motorist have a certificate of mandatory vehicle insurance as follows:
When operating a vehicle in traffic, drivers are required to always have a current Certificate of Insurance (in hard copy or electronic form), and they must provide this document upon request from a designated person.
Therefore, the Certificate of Civil Liability Insurance in its electronic and physical forms is equally legitimate under the law.
3.2. What to prepare to buy compulsory auto insurance online?
So, before purchasing mandatory vehicle insurance online, buyers must have the following papers ready:
- A certificate of vehicle registration.
- A certificate of vehicle registration.
- Vehicle sale and purchase receipt (if the new vehicle does not have a vehicle registration certificate).
- Before granting an insurance policy, a vehicle assessment certificate determines the worth of the vehicle (applicable to vehicles purchased for the first time or without continuous insurance renewal).
3.3. Where to buy auto civil liability insurance online?
Vehicle owners can register at the official apps or websites of reputed insurance firms to purchase required auto insurance online.
Besides, car owners can use Momo, Viettelpay, My Viettel, Lazada, Bao Minh Truc Tuyen, Baoviet Direct, MyVNI Client, and other applications that sell mandatory safe auto insurance.
3.4. The process of buying compulsory car insurance online
To understand how to apply for compulsory auto insurance, users can refer to the process of buying compulsory auto insurance online through an example on an insurance company website as follows:
Step 1: Go to the vehicle insurance company’s website.
Step 2: Users enter information (complete name, phone number, car type, and seat number) and press the “Charge” button.
Step 3: The user proceeds to fill out the forms with the following information:
- Car occupant accident insurance: Select the number of seats in the car and the amount of insurance (person/accident)
- Information recorded on vehicle registration: Enter vehicle owner’s name, address, control plate, chassis number, engine number, ..
- Insurance receiving information: Enter recipient’s name, email, phone number, address,…
- Click “Checkout” and go to the next step.
Step 4: Check and confirm the correct information. Then choose a payment method.
- Here, consumers have the option of making an online payment using domestic bank cards, foreign payment cards (Visa, Mastercard), or domestic bank card payment gateways (Vietcombank, Techcombank, .. .).
- The subscriber then selects “Pay” after clicking “I have read, understand, and agree to the insurance policy included with the product.”
Step 5: To complete the online registration for mandatory auto insurance, the user enters the payment details for the card account and chooses “Purchase.”
After a successful purchase, the insurance provider will contact the registered user by phone or email to let them know.
Furthermore, It is the responsibility of automobile owners who participate in civil liability insurance for cars to protect their own interests and rigorously adhere to traffic regulations.
Currently, vehicle owners may quickly register to get insurance at the same price as directly buying it thanks to handy online auto insurance buying instructions. Hope you found this article useful. Have a nice day!