Before you purchase a smart watch for your adolescent child, read our rating about the best smartwatch for teens. It includes the best-selling designs that have an SOS button and operate independently, as well as alternatives that work with a smartphone.
Important points when choosing a smart watch for a teenager
- Size: It is crucial that the watch not dangle on the child’s hand and is not excessively large.
- Simple management: Children are perceptive and pick up on technology quickly, but it’s crucial that, in an emergency, a teenager can contact home without spending too much time fiddling with the interface.
- Search function on a smartphone: It would be fantastic to have a helper hanging on their arm to hunt for their phone because girls and boys frequently misplace their phones.
- Talk function: Not all smartwatches allow for call placement and reception. You should purchase a smart watch with such capabilities if it is vital to you that the youngster can answer your call even when the phone is in a bag on a bench and he is playing catch up.
- Life of battery: It is recommended to keep the watch charged for several days because kids often forget to charge their electronics.
We considered all of these aspects and identified best smartwatch for teens, both boys and girls, ages 10 to 16.
5 Best Smartwatch for Teens
1. Amazfit Beep U Pro
One of the most affordable smartwatches with a variety of features. The device offers a more “adult” design, reliable operation, a strong battery, and enhanced functionality for around the same price as children’s devices with an SOS button. Additionally, the watch is lightweight, so its weight won’t be noticeable on a teenager’s hand. The model’s modular dial, which allows you to choose which indicators should be shown on it, is its best feature.
The tool may also track physical activity, stress levels, and sleep. Reviews express satisfaction with the case’s durability, stating that even if the wearer is an active teenager, the watch would endure repeated knocks to the horizontal bars. The device works slowly, and the firmware is still in its infancy. View now on Amazon.
- Rugged housing
- Attractive price
- Customizable watch face
- Slow work
- Нет Always On Display
- Unfinished software
2. Apple Watch SE GPS 40mm
The greatest smart watch for a teenager who uses an iPhone is expensive. This option won’t work on an Android phone; it would be wiser to consider another from our list of options. Consider purchasing this inexpensive model of Apple’s smartwatch if your youngster uses an iOS smartphone. Boys and girls are equally happy with them. Buy now!
You can call, read messages, and play music on your watch virtually just as you can on your smartphone. The battery life is only about 1.5 days on average, therefore you will need to charge them frequently. Tracking physical activity is thorough and convincing. The gadget is the right size for a child between the ages of 14 and 16 with a typical build, but some people could find it too large.
- Fast and convenient synchronization with a smartphone
- Wide functionality
- No power adapter included
- Doesn’t hold a charge
3. Xiaomi Mi Watch Lite
Excellent for youngsters, the Xiaomi watch is small and light. Additionally, they are reasonably priced, and the functionality is enough. For instance, they can track your physical activity and alert you when it’s time to get up from the computer and stretch. They can also let you know when a call or message is coming in. Both girls’ and boys’ hands look beautiful wearing watches that are unisex.
The manufacturer offers the case and strap in a number of standard colors. You can locate your misplaced device with the help of a phone detecting feature. One battery charge gives autonomy for up to one week, and some users are able to extend it up to 17 days. The primary drawbacks are that the firmware is wet and you can’t make calls or pay for items from them (updates are released regularly).
- Light weight
- Convenient size
- Great design at an affordable price
- Software with bugs
- Limited functionality
4. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2
The finest smartwatch is suitable for both adults and teenagers. This smart watch has call and messaging functionality, as well as an SOS button that you can program. If the watch detects the owner fainting, there is also a capability to alert family members in an emergency. Due to the NFC module, the gadget can also be used to make in-store purchases.
Occasionally, there are issues with the payment, but most of the time, they are resolved by resetting the Samsung Pay app. The watch will provide additional motivation for exercise if your adolescent child is interested in sports. For every taste, the application offers a wide variety of workouts. The battery life of this smart watch barely lasts two days, and occasionally the connection to the phone is lost.
- There are emergency calls
- You can call and write messages
- Has NFC for contactless payments
- High price
- Weak battery
- Possible loss of connection with the phone
5. Huawei Watch GT2 Pro
Adults and teenage males and girls both like functional smart watches. When compared to similar-functioning competitors, the model is affordable. There are more than 100 sports modes, weather warnings, quick wireless charging, blood oxygen saturation and stress measurements, as well as the capacity to store more than 500 audio files. You may even make and receive calls and respond to messages right from your watch. With all of this, the battery life is surprisingly long—a week when the smartwatch functionality is actively used. Only the absence of NFC and the limited number of Russian-language dials are mentioned as complaints in the evaluations.
- Wide functionality at a great price
- Built-in memory
- Lots of workout modes
- No NFC for contactless payment
- Narrow selection of watch faces in Russian
The decision is based on the characteristics that are significant to both you and your child. Make a list of the best smartwatch for teens for the necessary features, suitable dimensions, and models to choose based on the specifications. A teen has the option of picking the watch’s design on their own or with your assistance.