After a period of use, your computer may slow down or freeze the screen. This causes your study, work or entertainment to be interrupted and delayed. In fact, you will be very annoyed and many things are delayed after that. In the meantime, what you need is to refer to ways to fix it online to easily fix it yourself at that time without having to visit a computer repair and warranty shop. Luckily, we are here to give you How to Fix a Slow Running Computer. Get started now!
1. Delete junk files
We are sure that the first thing that comes to mind when talking about How to Fix a Slow Running Computer is deleting junk files or unnecessary files. These files can be hidden and take up a lot of space on your device.
In the process of using Windows such as installing, downloading software, editing or deleting documents / files, it will automatically create junk files and accumulate into many files that make your computer heavy. And of course, your computer will slow down at any time you perform on it.
Deleting these files is also quite simple, just follow these few steps:
- Step 1: Press the Windows + R combination on the keyboard to open the Run dialog box. In the Open box, type the command “%temp%” and then click OK.
- Step 2: Press Ctrl + A, then press Delete or Shift + Delete to delete junk files.
Specifically, if you press the Delete key, the junk files you delete will be moved to the computer’s recycle bin and stored, until 30 days later, it will be permanently deleted. Conversely, if you use the Shift + Delete key combination, these junk files will be deleted immediately and of course you lose them forever.
2. Disable the System Restore function
Next, How to Fix a Slow Running Computer is to disable the System Restore function. This mode helps users to bring the computer to the closest operating state if your computer fails. If you do not want to use this function, you should turn it off to free up memory and limit services running in the background. This will make your computer a little more comfortable because it doesn’t have to do a lot of work.
Disable System Restore with these steps:
- Step 1: Press the Windows key and enter Advanced to open the View advanced system settings dialog box.
- Step 2: Go to the System Protection Tab and select Configure.
- Step 3: Select Disable system protection to turn off System Restore and then click OK.
So you have disabled System Restore mode in your computer already. Take a look at the next steps to continue to fix your slow computer.
3. Turn off applications that start with Windows
Applications that start with Windows are one of the main reasons why your computer runs quite slow. Turning it off is How to Fix a Slow Running Computer. These applications will run continuously, consuming system resources (CPU and RAM) making the computer take longer to start up.
To fix this problem, you need to disable all unnecessary Windows startup applications by following the steps below:
- Step 1: Press the Windows + R on the keyboard to open the Run Window. Then enter “msconfig” then select OK.
- Step 2: At the System Configuration window, select the Services tab to see a list of all the services of the computer. Then, tick Hide all Microsoft services to hide Microsoft services. At the same time, you uncheck the unnecessary services and then select Apply.
- Step 3: Switch to tab Startup, then click select Open Task Manager.
- Step 4: After navigating to Startup of Task Manager, you right-click on the application you want to disable starting with Windows and then select Disable to finish.
This is one of the effective ways for your computer. Follow these steps to enjoy your favorite videos, lessons, music, downloads.
4. Turn off graphics effects
Beautiful graphic effects make you happy and you will set them according to your taste. For a powerful computer, you will safely enjoy beautiful interfaces and your computer will be fine. However, for computers with medium or low configuration, this will cause you a lot of trouble. You will encounter cases such as slow computer, even freeze.
Turning off the graphic effects and transparent icons will be an effective solution to save your computer. Follow these few simple steps:
- Step 1: Right-click on the screen, then click on the Personalize item at the bottom.
- Step 2: Find to item Color, then change the state Transparency effects to Off mode. At the same time, uncheck the two boxes Start, taskbar, and action center and Title bars and window borders.
Here is How to Fix a Slow Running Computer that we found effective and fast for you to do even when your computer is running slow.
5. Install anti-virus software
As you know, a computer is a device that is very vulnerable to viruses whenever you are vulnerable, such as logging in to pirated links, clicking on online ads, downloading an untrusted application, etc.
Antivirus is How to Fix a Slow Running Computer to help your computer run quieter and perform more secure features. Therefore, you need to install a suitable anti-virus software to remove them on your device. Remember that you must scan for viruses regularly to remove them completely.
You can refer to and download anti-virus software here: Best Antivirus Software
6. Upgrade RAM
RAM is the part that stores all the files of the programs running on the computer. If you open too many applications at the same time in case the computer RAM is too small, it will make the RAM not enough space to handle. This causes the computer to slow down and even freeze or freeze.
On the other hand, if the amount of RAM is more, when you run many programs at the same time, the operating speed of the system will also be less affected. Therefore, upgrading RAM is also How to Fix a Slow Running Computer. Get to know the RAM in your computer and find another RAM that is better suited for the work you perform or store on your computer.
To fix your computer if it has slow running, stuttering and freezing, please improve immediately by referring to our article. “How to Fix a Slow Running Computer” is an article that will help you discover many errors from your computer and you can choose the methods corresponding to your computer to fix. Good luck and have a better experience than your beloved computer!
Maybe you will be interested: