More than simply one of the best gaming controllers, the PS5 DualSense controller is also one of the best controllers for PC as it is extremely comfortable to use. It has ergonomics and grip to keep you comfortable for hours and adds some of the most meaningful improvements in gamepads since the Steam Controller. It’s also fun to play games on. PC with a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard, especially if your device is in the living room. So how to connect PS5 controller to laptop? Read our article now for the answer.
Items needed to connect PS5 controller with laptop
- USB-C cable
- Bluetooth adapter for PC
Make sure you have the tools necessary to connect your laptop to your DualSense controller. When purchased as a standalone controller, DualSense does not include a USB cord, and not all laptops support Bluetooth. So you’ll need a USB-C cable with data compatibility if you want to combine DualSense with a laptop. If your computer has a USB-C connection, the USB-C cable can be C-to-C, or it can be USB-C-to-A if you only wish to connect using the standard rectangular USB connectors.
How to connect ps5 controller to laptop?
Connecting the PS5 Controller to laptop with a USB
The easiest way to connect a PS5 controller to your laptop is with a USB cable. Windows has the ability to automatically detect your driver, so you can skip the complicated driver installation process. You will need a USB-C to USB-A cable because the PS5 controller has a USB-C port. Of course, if your computer has a USB-C port, you can also use a USB-C to USB-C cable. The basic steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Connect the USB-C end of the cable to your PS5 controller.
- Step 2: Next, connect the USB-A end of the cable to your laptop.
- Step 3: Windows will now notify you that it has detected a controller and your controller will light up. Complete. Your controller is now usable and you can go ahead and play your game.
Ensure that your PS5 controller is updated if you want to take advantage of features like adaptable triggers. An old controller will continue to perform its essential functions, but the rich capabilities of the controller require the most recent firmware upgrade.
Connecting the PS5 Controller to laptop with Bluetooth
If you don’t want to see wires and want to play remotely, you can also connect your PS5 controller via Bluetooth. To do this, your laptop must be equipped with Bluetooth. If your laptop doesn’t have built-in Bluetooth, you can add it to your laptop with the help of a Bluetooth adapter. The connection steps are carried out in the following order:
- Step 1: In Windows 10 or Windows 11, navigate to Settings.
- Step 2: Next, click on Add device and select Bluetooth.
- Step 3: On a PS5 controller, hold the PS and Create buttons for three seconds until the controller starts flashing blue.
- Step 4: On a laptop, in the Add Device window, select your DualSense controller from the list of available Bluetooth devices. Your controller will probably have the name Wireless Controller. When you finish selecting the controller, it will stop flickering and emit a steady blue light.
- Step 5: Finally, click Done.
Customizing the PS5 Controller with Steam on laptop
The most well-known PC game retailer, Steam, offers Big Picture Mode, which enables controller navigation. You may calibrate and customize your PS5 controller using Steam to work best with laptop games. Steam supports PS5 controllers. Additionally, because Steam has a vast selection of games, you can utilize the controller with most of them.
- Step 1: Connect the PS5 controller to your laptop.
- Step 2: Launch Steam
- Step 3: In Steam, navigate to the Steam menu.
- Step 4: Click on the settings item. Then the installation window will open.
- Step 5: In the settings window, select Controller. Click Set global controller.
- Step 6: Finally, enable PlayStation Profile Assistant. Your controller name should appear under the controller identified as a PlayStation 5 Controller. You have access to a wide variety of controller settings with Steam. So we have finished the tutorial how to connect ps5 controller to laptop.
Why PS5 Controller cannot connect to the laptop?
Have you tried the above instructions but still can’t connect to the laptop? This could be due to the following reasons:
- You may have connected the controller to another device.
- Maybe the USB-C bin cable is damaged or you are using the wrong cable.
- The controller, USB ports, or laptop ports may be dirty or damaged.
- Hardware problem inside the controller.
- Software is no longer supported. If your PS5’s software is out of date, it can cause a lot of problems.
- Bluetooth compatibility issues with the controller.
How can I charge the PS5 Controller on laptop?
Using a regular USB cord, you may recharge your PS5 controller. To charge your controller while playing on your laptop, you can purchase a USB-A to USB-C cable or a USB-C to USB-C cable. On the front panel of the PS5, there are USB-A and USB-C ports. A USB-C to USB-C cable costs more than a USB-A to USB-C cable, though.
The ability to fast charge your controller is one of USB-most C’s alluring advantages. The DualSense controller can provide 30 minutes of gaming with just 5 minutes of charging, according to specifications that have surfaced online. You can play on your controller for six hours after an hour of charging, according to this statistic. Furthermore, you can charge your PlayStation 5 controller not only from the wall outlet but also from your laptop while you are playing.
To sum up, connecting the PS5 controller to the laptop is quite simple. You can completely connect yourself via USB or Bluetooth. Experience the ultimate gaming experience with the PS5 DualSense controller. Article “How to connect ps5 controller to laptop?” is useful to you. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any queries.